Frequently Asked Questions about Facial Peels
Who is a good candidate for facial peels?
All skin types and tones can benefit from a chemical peel-though not severe Rosacea clients.
- Glycolic Acid (MicroPeel 20% & 30% and Pigment Balancing Masque Glycolic 40%) – is great for sun damaged skin, mature skin, hyperpigmentation, melasma & normal skin types
- Lactic Acid (MicroPeel 4%) – is great for dry skin and sensitive skin types
- Salicylic Acid – a perfect treatment for acne, excessively oily skin & clearing blackheads
What is it good for?
- It increases cellular turnover so that new, healthy skin cells are formed more quickly.
- It lessens the appearance of fine lines
- It fades excess brown pigment
- It helps hydrate dry skin (Lactic Acid)
- It reduces pore sizes and clears out blackheads (Salicylic Acid)
- Skin will feel and appear more smooth
- Reduces oil production (Salicylic Acid)
- Clears pores of oil and debris (Salicylic Acid)
- Reduces acne causing bacteria (Salicylic Acid)
How does it work?
This three-step process consists of:
- Deep cleansing followed by either dermaplaning (mechanical removal of dead skin cells) or a enzyme peel
- Facial Peel
How often can the peels be performed?
These peels are perfect for people preparing for a special event or just wanting to freshen the appearance of their skin. Ideally a series of 6 treatments are recommended for best results. Maintenance treatments should then be done every 3-4 months.
Is it painful?
Facial peels are generally comfortable. Some people experience some stinging during the application of the peel, but this is very temporary and usually only lasts a few minutes. There is little to no discomfort after the peel is done.
What are the side effects?
The most common side effects are redness, peeling & irritation. These are temporary and typically last less than 2 days. Peels are contraindicated in people who:
- Have used Accutane in the past 6 months
- Active cold sores
When will I notice the results?
Immediately following the peel you will notice that your skin looks and feels more smooth. Over the course of 6 treatments you will steadily notice an improvement in the appearance of your skin.