Unfortunately, wrinkles and facial folds are something that we cannot avoid. As we age, wrinkles and lines form on our forehead, around our eyes, and even on our necks. We may not be able to stop these things from happening, but we can treat them. Surgical procedures are costly and require an extensive recovery period. At Columbia Laser Skin Center, we offer a non-surgical solution that can provide natural-looking results. We offer both Botox Cosmetic and Xeomin injections to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. Contact us today and schedule an appointment.
What is Botox Cosmetic?
Botox Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) is an injectable medication. Botox injections are made from botulinum toxin and are used to treat three specific types of wrinkles. Botox Cosmetic is specially designed to treat your skin concerns.
How Does Botox Cosmetic Work?
Botox Cosmetic is injected into the affected area and stops nerve impulses from being sent to your muscles. This reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your face, allowing your skin to be smoother.
What Does it Treat?
Botox Cosmetic can be used to treat several facial areas where wrinkles and fine lines have formed.
- Crow’s feet that form on the side of your eyes.
- Horizontal forehead lines.
- Vertical lip lines that form around your mouth.
- Frown lines that form on your forehead.
When Will I See the Botox Cosmetic Results?
When you decide to have a Botox Cosmetic treatment, you can expect results to become visible within a few days of treatment. These results can last up to 4 months. If your area of concern is treated more regularly, results may last longer.
The Botox Cosmetic Procedure
The Botox Cosmetic procedure uses botulinum toxin that is diluted in saline. This solution is injected directly into your neuromuscular tissue. This procedure does not take long, allowing you to enjoy a session during your lunch break.
To ensure you recover quickly and that your desired results are achieved, certain precautions must be taken.
- Avoid touching, rubbing, or putting any pressure on the treated area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for up to 24 hours.
- Sitting upright is recommended for at least 4 hours after the treatment so that the toxins don’t spread to other areas.
Benefits of Botox Cosmetic
There are many benefits of using Botox Cosmetic treatments. When you have Botox injections, you can expect the following outcomes:
- It provides your skin with a smoother appearance.
- Botox injections are a non-surgical and minimally-invasive wrinkle solution.
- Botox procedures are quick, easy, relatively pain-free, and don’t require any downtime.
- With Botox Cosmetic treatments, your results are visible immediately.
Botox Cosmetic is FDA-approved and a low-risk procedure.
What is Xeomin?
Xeomin injections (incobotulinumtoxinA) are neuromodulators. It is used to reduce the wrinkles on your face. These wrinkles and fine lines are caused by the constant motion of the muscles in your face and form over many years. Xeomin is an FDA-approved treatment for glabella or frown lines on the forehead.
How Does Xeomin Work?
When you have Xeomin injections, they work by inhibiting the release of chemicals that cause your facial muscles to contract. Xeomin is a muscle relaxant that stops the muscles in your face from contracting. This prevents the formation of wrinkles and other facial lines.
What Does Xeomin Treat?
Xeomin treatment is a prescription medication used to treat moderate-to-severe frown lines that form between the eyebrows. These lines are also known as glabellar lines. Xeomin is injected into the muscles in the forehead area.
When Will I See the Results of My Xeomin Treatments?
Having Xeomin injections will provide visible results within 3 – 4 days after treatment. This treatment should be repeated every 3 – 4 months to ensure that your results are long-lasting. This will rejuvenate your skin and make it smoother.
The Xeomin Procedure
Xeomin treatments are also quick to administer, making them ideal for patients with a busy schedule. When your treatment is done, you can return to your normal daily activities since there is no downtime. This is a minimally invasive and relatively painless procedure. However, a topical numbing cream will be applied before your treatment to ensure your comfort.
We want you to enjoy the best results from your treatment. That is why we provide you with a list of aftercare precautions.
- Avoid bending forward for at least 4 hours after treatment, strenuous activity, and the use of makeup.
- Don’t use harsh skin care products for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for 24 hours.
The Benefits of Xeomin Injections
When you use Xeomin injections, this is what you can look forward to:
- This injectable does not only treat existing wrinkles and lines but can be used before the signs of aging appear on your face.
- It is a safer option for patients that are allergic to other neuromodulators, since it is purer than other injectables. It does not contain milk protein like many neuromodulators do.
- Xeomin has a low risk of being resisted by your body, meaning that it has a higher chance of being effective.
- Xeomin is FDA-approved and is also a low-risk procedure available for many skin types.
Effective Wrinkle and Fine Line Treatments
Choosing the right treatment for your wrinkles and fine lines can be easy when you are informed. You can have all the necessary information when you deal with professionals. At Columbia Laser Skin Center, we offer both Botox Cosmetic and Xeomin treatments for the reduction of facial lines and wrinkles. We have helped many people living in Dalles, Hood River, Cascade Locks, Mt. Hood, and Parkdale, OR. We also serve Stevenson, White Salmon, Bingen, and Goldendale, WA. Contact us today and schedule an appointment to reduce the appearance of your wrinkles and lines.